Ash’Cash is a Business Consultant, Motivational Speaker, Financial Expert and the author of Mind Right, Money Right: 10 Laws of Financial Freedom. Ash’s life story reads like an urban “rags-to-riches” classic. A native of Harlem, NYC, Ash grew up in St. Nicholas houses, one of the most dangerous housing projects in New York City. In an era plagued with gangs, drugs and murders, most people growing up in this environment were destined for either death or incarceration by the age of twenty-five. Through his hard work and dedication Ash managed to avoid both. With more than ten years of banking experience, Ash worked his way up the ranks from teller to personal banker, private banker & branch manager. He was VP at the largest financial institution in the world (JP Morgan Chase Bank) at the age of twenty-four. In his career he managed a book of 400 mass affluent clients with assets ranging from $100K-$22MM, coached and trained over 100 sales professionals, opened and managed six branches and brought in almost $90MM in deposits. Staying true to his values Ash took a step back and left the big bank to better help his community and became an Assistant Vice President at the largest African-American/Caribbean operated bank in the country (Carver Federal Savings Bank). During his tenure at Carver, Ash ran the main office in Harlem controlling over $180 million in deposits and continues to play an active role in helping his community become financially free.
Widely recognized for his charisma, outgoing personality and his passion for financial literacy, Ash is in the forefront of a movement that is encouraging individuals to be socially and financially responsible. With his daily emails of inspiration regarding finances and life style changes, which currently reaches tens of thousands of people daily, Ash challenges his readers to never quit and be the best that they can be.
Ash is a Personal Finance Expert & contributing writer for Don-Diva Magazine, Concrete Magazine, and NBC affiliate website TheGrio.com. He has been featured on Hot97 in New York, Essence magazine, AllHipHop.com, Rolling Out, The Atlanta Post and countless other blogs and internet radio stations.
Ash is also the founder of T.E.A.M. F.R.E.S.H (Taking Every Amicable Measure to Financial Reeducate Every Spectrum of Humanity), a non-profit organization that works with schools, churches, and community based organizations to teach financial literacy to those who need it most.
Ash lives in Wakefield, NY with his wife and daughter and enjoys playing basketball, writing poetry and teaching financial literacy.
Speaking Experience: (Partial List)
- Administration for Children Services (New York, NY)
- Bronx Leadership Academy High School (Bronx, NY)
- Catholic Charities USA (Bronx, NY)
- Columbia University (New York, NY)
- Eagle Academy (Brooklyn, NY)
- Episcopal Children and Family Services (Bronx, NY)
- Good Shepherd Services (Brooklyn, NY)
- Graham Windham (Yonkers, NY)
- Harlem Children Zone (Harlem, NY)
- Harlem Choir Academy (Harlem, NY)
- Harriet Tubman School P.S. 154 (Harlem, NY)
- Jewish Board of Family and Children Services (New York, NY)
- Medgar Evers College (Brooklyn, NY)
- National Black Writers Conference (Brooklyn, NY)
- New York Urban League Young Professionals (New York, NY)
- Omega Psi Psi Black Wealth Initiative (Orange, NY)
- Operation Hope – Banking on our Future (New York, NY)
- South Carolina State University (Orangeburg, SC)